IT Specialist II – Data Warehouse Developer (Req. #12-003)
Positions available: 1
Date posted: 12/22/2011
Status: Full Time
The IT Specialist II – Data Warehouse Developer writes, codes, tests, analyzes database changes and data integration processes based upon end user requirements. This includes researching, designing and documenting any process that supports requirements. Other duties include migrating legacy data integration processes to new systems or developing methods to deliver information to business users. These functions support Business Intelligence and reporting of electric reliability in the Southwest Power Pool, Inc. (SPP) region. The operational systems include the Energy Management System, ICCP, OASIS, Market, Scheduling and Reserve Sharing. The reliable access to data and accurate data are critical to the success of SPP and its members.
- Apply knowledge of database development, design and support, including Database Object Design, Stored Procedure language, SQL, SQL execution plans, database technology and design to meet project requirements
- Develop code and processes in Oracle and Netezza database management systems
- Develop Data Integration Flows in Informatica to provide data to services for the Data Services and SPP
- Assist in the development and support of the SPP Operational Data Store and Data Warehouse
- Support and comply with data standards and dictionary rules
- Create and maintain procedural documentation for diagnosing problems and avoiding system outages
- Conduct research into emerging technologies
- Conduct research into data issues and products as required
- Develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on analysis
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a manner that is comprehensible to developers and project managers.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, feasibility, that conforms to standards
- Document business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on projects in collaboration with internal users and end users
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines
- Provide subject matter expertise on assigned projects
- Communicate with SPP staff and member companies regarding the status of projects that are under development
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Conform and comply with SPP control objectives that meet audit requirements
- Assist SPP staff and auditors to develop or mitigate processes that support audit requirements
- Working with Internal Auditors, take a lead role in identifying gaps in the audit requirements and suggest appropriate actions
- Provide training assistance and mentoring in areas of expertise to other employees
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation for business user training
- Support effective team-oriented, collaborative work environment
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology-related field, or equivalent job-related experience; AND
- Two (2) years experience
- Specific knowledge of existing database design technology, programming techniques, operating systems and operating procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and organization skills
- Proficient technical knowledge of two or more of the following [C#, C++, Shell programming, Perl, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Databases, Netezza Performance Server, Informatica]
- Job requires working at a computer for long periods of time.
- This position requires minimal travel (approximately 10%).
How To Apply
Click here for information on how to apply for job openings at SPP.
Click here to learn more about available benefits at SPP.
>> Previous Page <<