Facilities Maintenance Specialist II (Req. #12-023)
Positions available: 1
Date posted: 3/1/2012
Status: Full Time
The Facilities Maintenance Specialist performs routine and non-routine maintenance services and repairs to physical assets of the company to allow the facility to operate efficiently and to have an aesthetic appearance.
- Monitor operation, adjust and perform minor maintenance of refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Report any problems/malfunctions
- Assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Operate and make regular inspections in order to maintain critical equipment including chillers, and critical air conditioning units
- Perform routine repairs and preventative maintenance on building equipment and building systems.
- Perform minor routine electrical maintenance, such as replacing fuses, receptacles, switches, ballasts, light bulbs, etc
- Perform minor routine plumbing maintenance, such as installation and repair of faucets, valves, drains, traps, safety valves, etc
- Coordinate both preventative maintenance and repair maintenance of the building equipment and building systems
- Works with and monitors the various contractors, including janitorial, landscape and irrigation system maintenance, elevator maintenance, and chiller maintenance when manager is unavailable
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Knowledge of various skilled trades
- Knowledge and understanding of Building Management Systems
- Understand and comply with SPP Policies and Procedures
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- 5 years experience in facility maintenance
- Understanding of the mechanical systems used in an office building and data center environments, including chillers, air handling units, and CRAC units
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization as well as contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems
- Ability to work with constantly changing and multiple priorities
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, and is required to use considerable judgment when performing and planning to perform tasks
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks and responsibilities, frequently changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency
- Ability to prioritize time and assignments collectively and efficiently
- Ability to apply methods of organization to file and keep reports and time logs
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise
- Availability for after-hours call-out, and for on-call
- Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules and regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to perform basic computer skills
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Job requires working at a computer for long periods of time
- Job requires employee to remain in an upright position for continuous periods of time
- Job requires employee to climb ladders or scaffolding, or climb and work in overhead areas
- Job requires employee to raise or lower objects from one level to another, exert force so that an object is moved to or away from employee or to carry objects up to 75 pounds.
- Job requires employee to bend forward by bending at the waist or by bending the legs and spine
- Job requires employee to work in a confined space, or to crawl and move about in a confined space
- This position requires minimal travel approximately 5%
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
How To Apply
Click here for information on how to apply for job openings at SPP.
Click here to learn more about available benefits at SPP.
>> Previous Page <<