Planning Analyst II (Req. #12-052)
Positions available: 1
Date posted: 3/2/2012
Status: Full Time
The Planning Analyst II, Economic Planning is responsible for the support of the economic planning functions within the SPP. This requires supporting stakeholder working groups and the ability to work within teams to achieve the desired results.
The Analyst will support the overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and any other relevant issues to the planning process, including the development of transmission planning business cases. The analyst is responsible for coordinating many aspects of the SPP Transmission Expansion Plan and ensuring that the grid remains robust and able to meet many possible futures.
General Support Responsibilities:
- Develop and present robust business cases supporting proposed transmission expansion projects for review and consideration by SPP and regulatory groups.
- Independently analyze current engineering business activities and make recommendations regarding requirements necessary for compliance with regulatory or NERC requirements, engineering studies, proposals and agreements.
- Develop reviews and analysis reports of engineering, market, operational and business data for compliance with or support of general business rules, state and federal requirements and SPP transmission development objectives.
- Develop recommendations and improvements to the processes for approved transmission investment proposals.
- Work closely with planning engineers on the development of software solutions to transmission planning problems.
- Analyze complex engineering data to determine the financial costs and impacts to SPP for the performance of proposed transmission development projects.
- Support, modify, and develop database processes and administration for use with Economic Planning functions
- Identify process improvement opportunities by using a combination of industry specific knowledge and process management skills
- Provide strong project management skills from project concept, inception and completion
- Provide support to state commissions and work with the SPP legal team to support their questions
- Understand, comply with and enforce SPP Policies and Procedures
- Understand SPP Open Access Transmission Tariff, FERC & NERC governing documents, SPP By-Laws, SPP Criteria, and the SPP Committee structure. A more detailed understanding of specific governing documents and processes will be required depending on support needs.
SPP Culture and Core Values:
Embrace and promote the SPP Culture, Mission and Core Values in attitude toward stakeholder relationships, current work assignments as well as long term goals and strategic initiative of the organization.
Incorporate a fundamental working understanding of the SPP Culture Drivers, Mission and Core Values and apply this directly to all assignments and any SPP related effort
Understanding of and compliance with SPP Policies and Procedures
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a business, economics or technical field
- Three (3) years of job-related work experience
- Experience in the electric utility industry, database management systems, data analysis and ad hoc report writing
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating power system behavior
- Job requires working at a computer for long periods of time
- This position requires minimal travel (approximately 10%).
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
How To Apply
Click here for information on how to apply for job openings at SPP.
Click here to learn more about available benefits at SPP.
>> Previous Page <<