Project Manager (Req. #12-133)
Positions available: 1
Date posted: 11/14/2012
Status: Full Time
The Project Manager is responsible for leading the deployment of new and upgraded work processes and technology used by Southwest Power Pool to complete large-scale projects, such as the implementation of new application systems and business process improvements as well as upgrade projects for existing technology, regulatory requirements and business initiatives.
Leading projects generally includes assisting with key deliverables among many departments within SPP and with vendors and consultants throughout all stages of the Project Management life cycle. The key deliverables of the Project Management staff generally include the following: high-level business and technical requirements, detailed business and technical requirements, software and hardware architecture, technical design, test approaches, scope and timeframe expectations, project monitoring, controlling and reporting, and project close out.
The Project Manager provides leadership to the project team members for their assigned projects. The Project Manager may be asked to support SPP member committees and working groups, and may represent SPP and its member companies at NERC committees and working groups.
This position independently performs its assignments with guidance from the Manager. The Project Manager will provide career and procedural mentoring to Associate PMO project managers as needed.
- Identify and document project scope, milestones, deliverables, and budget
- Develop a project schedule based on project scope, deliverables, and resource plan
- Monitor and control the project by, including but not limited to: 1) measuring project performance, 2) managing changes to project scope, schedule, and budget, 3) identifying and minimizing the impact of negative risk, 4) ensuring project deliverables conform to established quality standards/expectations, and 5) communicating project status to key stakeholders
- Ensure the successful execution of project, i.e., achieving the project deliverables within budget and schedule
- Close out the project by, including but not limited to, obtaining final acceptance of the project deliverables, collating lessons learned, and archiving project documents and other materials
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance
- Understanding of and compliance with SPP Policies and Procedures
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology or related field
- Four (4) years of project management experience
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, MS-Project, PowerPoint) software
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with MS-Project Server
- Job requires working at a computer for long periods of time.
- This position requires minimal travel (approximately 5%).
FSLA Status: Exempt
How To Apply
Click here for information on how to apply for job openings at SPP.
Click here to learn more about available benefits at SPP.
>> Previous Page <<