IT Programmer/Analyst I (Req.#13-011)
Positions available: 1
Date posted: 11/30/2012
Status: Full Time
The Programmer/Analyst I is focused on Maintenance and Support of the Reliability Systems applications. This position is responsible for code development, support and maintenance of computer applications and enterprise databases used by the Operations staff, Operators, Engineering and Business Services. The Programmer/Analyst I will generally focus on a specific set of Reliability applications as a primary area of specialization. Many of the supported applications have significant economic impact and ensure against loss of life and property. The accurate and reliable functioning of the supported applications is critical to the operation of Southwest Power Pool and its members. This position will be expected to uphold the SPP relationship based proposition with professional customer focus.
Programmer/Analyst I is responsible for applying business/technical support concepts to identify, analyze, and resolve application and usability problems.
The Programmer/Analyst I will function as the liaison with SPP Departments, IT, and external vendor staff to ensure that end user and organizational needs are met.
This hands-on position is responsible for the deployment, maintenance, and support of all custom and vendor software solutions covered by the Reliability team. The Programmer/Analyst I is focused on analyzing and debugging code, troubleshooting software, minor code development, and providing overall support for internal software applications.
Coordination with the SPP Operations Department management team and staff is expected. The Programmer/Analyst I is expected to work with supervision, exercising good judgment in helping develop implementation project plans, software maintenance plans, prioritizing assignments and resolving issues while adhering to change management procedures.
- Change and Release Management Support
- During and After-Hours Incident Resolution and Logging
- Problem Analysis and Root Cause Reporting
- Release and Regression Testing Support, including the creation of test/release plans and test data as required.
- Creation of and on-going updates of Troubleshooting Guidelines and Procedures
- Multi-tasking, problem-solving, and an ability to grasp complex and highly integrated systems
- Develop an understanding of the business requirements of the system they primarily support and a competent understanding of other systems the team supports; i.e. Markets, DSS, Settlements, EMS, Oasis, RTOSS, etc.
- Perform tasks or special projects as assigned by the management team or by senior team members.
- Coordination of implementation plans that span across multiple support teams in IT, vendor support and Market Participants
- Provide mentoring to other IT Programmer/Analyst team members based on experience.
- Understanding of and compliance with SPP Policies and Procedures.
Other Functions with Applicable Application Development Skills:
- Define software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, configuration, and implementation.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications.
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, performance, and acceptance testing methods.
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Work with database administrator to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to user interface design and functionality.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology-related field
- Oracle SQL / PL SQL Experience (Oracle Preferred)
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Unix or Linux operations systems, and database management systems
- Competent written and oral communication skills
- Linux and Windows Experience
- Job Scheduling (Prefer experience with JAMS or CRON)
- Java Experience
- Java and IDE (prefer Eclipse)
- Java EE (Prefer JBoss)
- Job requires working at a computer for long periods of time.
- This position requires minimal travel (approximately 10%).
FLSA Status: Exempt
How To Apply
Click here for information on how to apply for job openings at SPP.
Click here to learn more about available benefits at SPP.
>> Previous Page <<