Human Resource Generalist I (Req. #13-025)
Positions available: 1
Date posted: 12/20/2012
Status: Full Time
The Human Resource Generalist I is responsible for professional support in the development, coordination, and administration of Human Resource programs for Southwest Power Pool. Primary responsibilities are in the area of benefits administration including serving as the point of contact for employee benefits questions and concerns. Responsibilities may include assisting with other HR functions, as needed.
The Human Resource Generalist I reports to the Manager of Human Resources. This position independently performs assignments with guidance from the Manager. This position must maintain a professional and confidential relationship with the SPP staff.
- Enter all new employee data into the HRIS
- Ensure proper completion of all benefit enrollment/changes and paperwork for new and existing employees
- Respond to employee requests for insurance verifications and assist with questions on benefit issues
- Initiate and maintain 7-year Background checks on all employees
- Submit New-hire reports for state reporting requirements
- Reconcile monthly benefits statements
- Assist in maintaining, filing, and archiving all corporate employee records as required by state and federal law
- Assist with annual benefits open enrollment
- Assist with collecting data resulting from internal and external audit requests
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Maintain corporate and employee confidentiality at all times
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree; or
- Three (3) years experience in Human Resources-related roles
- Effective working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of and compliance with SPP Policies and Procedures
- Three (3) years experience in benefits administration area
- This position requires minimal travel (approximately 10%).
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
How To Apply
Click here for information on how to apply for job openings at SPP.
Click here to learn more about available benefits at SPP.
>> Previous Page <<