Interregional Coordinator I (Req. #13-008)
Positions available: 1
Date posted: 5/17/2013
Status: Full Time
The Interregional Coordinator I is responsible for the coordination of planning activities required under SPP's seams agreements. This includes being a point of contact for SPP's members and neighbors and ensuring SPP is meeting its obligations related to coordinated joint transmission system planning and third party impact assessments.
A wide range of skills are required including report writing and documentation, internal and external customer communications and exceptional relationship building. The position requires contact and work with employees at all levels of the organization, as well as with stakeholders and regulators external to the company. The incumbent should be self-driven and highly motivated.
- Coordinate engineering analysis related to the evaluation of interregional planning activities including joint coordinated system planning and third party impact assessments
- Schedule meetings and prepare meeting materials required to satisfy the requirements of SPP's seams agreements and interregional planning processes
- Assist in the development of business process documentation for business activities of responsibility
- Track and verify all business activities and requirements are executed for compliance with SPP's seams agreements
- Maintain SPP's Interregional Coordination webpage to provide transparent information to members and stakeholders related to joint coordinated system planning activities
- Interface with a wide range of customers, stakeholders, and neighboring entities and serve as a single point of contact for SPP's seams agreement responsibilities
- Develop a practical understanding of the SPP Open Access Transmission Tariff and SPP's Joint Operating Agreements.
- Perform special assignments as required.
- Understand and comply with SPP Policies and Procedures
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline; OR
- Three (3) years of relevant job-related experience
- Exhibit flexibility and the ability to function with constantly changing and multiple priorities
- Good organizational skills
- Be highly motivated and self-driven to perform
- Experience in the electric utility industry, database management systems, data analysis and ad hoc report writing
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating power system behavior
- Experience in software automation
- This position requires minimal travel (approximately 15%).
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
How To Apply
Click here for information on how to apply for job openings at SPP.
Click here to learn more about available benefits at SPP.
>> Previous Page <<