Lead Architect, Data Warehouse (Req. #13-047)
Positions available: 1
Date posted: 5/22/2013
Status: Full Time
The Lead Architect is responsible for developing and maintaining a high-level logical and technical design for IT architecture and determining the technology and implementation plans that will best fit the needs of SPP. This position designs and plans the development of enterprise systems architecture based on business vision and requirements; provides the necessary knowledge transfer to parties responsible for day to day support or use of newly deployed technology; provides the necessary governance of systems development within IT as outlined in the Standards and Guidelines documents; works with the internal IT Architecture Working Group to establish the architectural standards and guidelines.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company's strategic business vision, IT strategic vision, roadmap, and architectural standards.
- Apply knowledge of database or application development, design and support, including [Table Design, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and table relationships, maintenance plans, database normalization, cursors, user-defined functions, queries, and user-defined types] as needed to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance and care of any business system or data process flow applications which is assign to the individual. This would include developing standards, administration of product and technical direction for these products.
- Development of ETL processes to support Business need or process.
- Development and support of the SPP Data Warehouse.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and other Systems Architects.
- Facilitate technical discussions.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company's existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Develop and manage an infrastructure capacity plan.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy.
- Conduct research and evaluate emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure and technology, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Design, develop, and oversee architectural integrity of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Develop test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans.
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors of SPP implemented systems.
- Assist in the preparation of contractual Statements of Work.
- Provide training in areas of expertise to training department or other employees as needed.
- Review new and existing IT projects, systems designs, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work duties and responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences, or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- Ten (10) plus years of applicable experience in IT involving systems/software architecture, design, development and deployment
- Seven (7) years of experience in Data Warehouse Development
- Experience documenting systems and software architectures using modeling languages (UML, E-R diagrams, etc.)
- Specific knowledge of database design technology, programming techniques, operating systems, operating procedures
- Expert written and oral communication skills
- Experience in hardware and software evaluation principles, practices, and guidelines
- Experience in requirements gathering and developing strategic plans
- Expert technical architecture, support, and documentation skills
- Expert analytical and problem solving abilities
- Variety of experience in Information Technology deployment projects that involve Database, Server, Network and Storage administration.
- Proficient technical knowledge and experience with Informatica ETL Tool or other ETL tools.
- Proficient technical knowledge and experience with three or more of the following: Shell Programming, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Databases, SQL Server databases, Netezza Databases
How To Apply
Click here for information on how to apply for job openings at SPP.
Click here to learn more about available benefits at SPP.
>> Previous Page <<