On November 18, 2010, the Federal Energy Regualatory Committee (FERC) issued Order No. 742, which approved two North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Personnel Performance, Training and Qualification (PER) Reliability Standards effective January 25, 2011. Read more about PER-005-1.
Note: as of January 1, 2011, any Emergency hours provided by the Southwest Power Pool (SPP) Customer Training department are intended to be applicable to SPP employees only. Participating entities, including but not limited to SPP member organizations, are responsible to determine whether SPP Emergency hours are applicable to its organizations and satisfy the requirements and measurements of PER-005-1 as the standard pertains to their individual organization.
Customer Training's overall goal is to provide opportunities to develop individuals, teams, and the organization in a manner that promotes a clear line of sight from individual goals to the corporate strategy, being mindful we maintain compliance with NERC, FERC, and NAESB standards.
SPP is a Continuing Education provider dedicated to delivering high-quality learning activities for our members. We use ADDIE, a systematic training approach to ensure a comprehensive training experience that remains focused on the organization's needs.
SPP Learning Center
SPP's training courses are listed in the SPP Learning Center. Registered users can:
- Search or browse the training courses.
- Register for classes.
- Express interest in courses not currently scheduled.
- View a transcript of classes attended (since January 2010).
- Print certificates of completion.
- ... and more.
Ready? Go to the Learning Center
Not Registered for the Learning Center?Here are four easy steps you can use to explore and enroll in training delivered by SPP.
- Review the documents at the top of this page containing current course descriptions and two versions of the training calendar.
- If you find training you wish to take, go to the Learning Center to log in or create an account if you do not already have one.
- Take advantage of the "How-to" guides found on the Welcome page of the Learning Center. These guides will help you learn how to best use the system. Or if you wish, just explore.
- Enroll in the desired sessions. You will receive email confirmation of your enrollment.
If you are not sure if you have an account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPP's Training team is committed to providing members with quality programs for regional training needs.
Southwest Power Pool, Inc. (ID SPP_025) is recognized by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) as a continuing education provider and adheres to the NERC Continuing Education Program Criteria.