SPP Customer Training Links
Integrated Marketplace Training | Learning Management System (LMS) | Contact Us
Email your training questions to Training, Learning Center questions to the LMS, and other questions to SPP.
Customer Training's overall goal is to provide opportunities to develop individuals, teams, and the organization in a manner that promotes a clear line of sight from individual goals to the corporate strategy, being mindful we maintain compliance with NERC, FERC, and NAESB standards.
SPP is a Continuing Education provider dedicated to delivering high-quality learning activities for our members. We use ADDIE, a systematic training approach to ensure a comprehensive training experience that remains focused on the organization's needs.On Nov. 18, 2010, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) issued Order No. 742, which approved two North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Personnel Performance, Training and Qualification (PER) Reliability Standards effective Jan. 25, 2011. Read more about PER-005-1.
SPP's Training team is committed to providing members with quality programs for regional training needs.
Note: As of Jan. 1, 2011, any Emergency hours provided by the SPP Customer Training department are intended to be applicable to SPP employees only. Participating entities -- including but not limited to SPP member organizations -- are responsible for determining whether SPP Emergency hours are applicable to their organizations and satisfy PER-005-1's requirements and measurements, as the standard pertains to their individual organizations.
Southwest Power Pool, Inc. (ID SPP_025) is recognized by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) as a continuing education provider and adheres to the NERC Continuing Education Program Criteria.
2015 Customer Training Reliability
SPP Customer Training is pleased to announce our 2015 Customer Training-Reliability Course Offerings course descriptions are available
SPP Learning Center
SPP's training courses are listed in the SPP Learning Center. Registered users can:
- Search or browse the training courses.
- Register for classes or self-study training.
- Express interest in courses not currently scheduled.
- View a transcript of requested and/or completed training (since January 2010).
- Print certificates of completion.
- ... and more.
Ready? Go to the Learning Center
Not Registered for the Learning Center?
Here are four easy steps you can use to explore and enroll in training delivered by SPP.
- Review the documents at the top of this page containing current course descriptions and the training calendar.
- If you find training you wish to take, go to the Learning Center to log in or create an account if you do not already have one.
- Take advantage of the "How-to" guides found on the Learning Center's Welcome page. These guides will help you learn how to best use the system. Or if you wish, just explore.
- Enroll in the desired sessions. You will receive email confirmation of your enrollment.
If you are not sure whether you have an account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.