As a FERC-designated Regional Transmission Organization, one of SPP's responsibilities is to create regional transmission expansion plans. With its members, regulators and stakeholders, SPP creates planning models and studies that determine what new transmission is needed to meet our region's long- and near-term needs and create a cost-effective, flexible and robust transmission network. SPP does not own or build transmission, though its Open Access Transmission Tariff contains rules that govern transmission planning.
The electric grid is in use every second of every day; the benefits of added transmission are not just long-term, but instantaneous. A well-planned and strong electric grid improves reliability minute-to-minute, optimizes long-term economic benefits, and helps meet public policy goals.
Current ITP notifications:
- 2017 ITPNT Final Portfolio Project List has been posted
- 2017 ITPNT Updated Draft Portfolio has been posted
- 2017 ITP10 Economic Models APC Data has been posted
- 2017 ITPNT Updated Draft Project List has been posted
- 2017 ITPNT Draft Project List has been posted
- 2017 ITP10 Additional Model Information has been posted
- 2017 ITPNT Model Corrections have been posted
- 2017 ITP10 Recommended Project List has been posted
- 2017 ITP10 Side Bar Economic and Powerflow Models have been posted
- New Document Folder: ITP Postings (formerly in Order 1000 Documents)
- The Detailed Project Proposal (DPP) page is also available as part of the Transmission Owner Selection Process (TOSP). This page contains a link to the DPP Submittal Form and instructions for its use.
Send requests for additional information or your questions via SPP's Request Management System.
Strengthening the Grid: 2017 Study Takes Integrated Transmission Planning to the Next Level
2017 ITP10 Scope
2017 ITPNT Scope
2017 SPP Transmission Expansion Plan Report
2017 SPP Transmission Expansion Plan Report Project List
2016 ITPNT Report
2016 ITPNT Scope
2015 ITPNT Report
2015 ITP10 Report
2015 ITP10 Scope
2014 ITPNT Report
2013 ITP20 Report
2012 ITP10 Report - Board of Directors Approved 01-31-12
2010 ITP20 Report