As a FERC-designated Regional Transmission Organization, one of SPP's responsibilities is to create regional transmission expansion plans. With its members, regulators and stakeholders, SPP creates planning models and studies that determine what new transmission is needed to meet our region's long- and near-term needs and create a cost-effective, flexible and robust transmission network. SPP does not own or build transmission, though its Open Access Transmission Tariff contains rules that govern transmission planning.
The electric grid is in use every second of every day; the benefits of added transmission are not just long-term, but instantaneous. A well-planned and strong electric grid improves reliability minute-to-minute, optimizes long-term economic benefits, and helps meet public policy goals.
Current ITP notifications:
- 2019 ITP Site Repository update has been posted
- 2019 ITP Short-Circuit Model Information - Pass 3 has been posted
- 2019 ITP Powerflow Models – Pass 5 have been posted
- 2019 ITP Site Repository has been posted
- 2019 ITP Economic Model Pass 1 and Generation and Load Review – Post Approval have been posted
- 2018 Series Generation Retirements have been posted
- 2019 ITP Short-Circuit Model Information - Pass 2 has been posted
- 2018 Series Final SPP Economic Generation and Load Review has been posted
- 2019 ITP Resource Plan Load Forecasts have been posted
- 2019 ITP Preliminary Model Information – Pass 4 has been posted
- 2018 ITPNT Updated Base Reliability Models and Needs Assessment have been posted
- Updated DPP Submittal Form and Instructions (version 7) have been posted
- 2018 ITPNT Needs Assessment has been posted
- 2018 ITPNT Auxiliary files, Schedule, and Scope have been posted
- 2018 ITPNT Final BA Models have been posted
- 2018 ITPNT Updated SPP Balancing Authority (BA) Models have been posted
- 2018 ITPNT Updated Final Model Information has been posted
- 2018 ITPNT Updated Constraints Posting has been posted
- 2018 ITPNT Needs Assessment Posting Update has been posted
- 2019 ITP RAR and Waiver Form has been posted
- 2019 ITP Futures Development and Public Policy Survey has been posted
- New Document Folder: ITP Postings (formerly in Order 1000 Documents)
- The Detailed Project Proposal (DPP) page is also available as part of the Transmission Owner Selection Process (TOSP). This page contains a link to the DPP Submittal Form and instructions for its use.
Send requests for additional information or your questions via SPP's Request Management System.