Mountain West Transmission Group Net Conference 2018-03-22
Southwest Power Pool will host a public webinar on March 22 from 2:00 – 5:00 CDT to discuss in detail the recommendations approved by the board of directors that will govern the Mountain West Transmission Group’s proposed membership in the SPP regional transmission organization.
The agenda for the webinar, which is open to the public, will include:
- A brief introduction of Southwest Power Pool and the Mountain West Transmission Group
- A detailed review of the 18 policy recommendations approved by the SPP board on March 13 and which will govern MWTG’s integration as members of the SPP RTO
- A preview of the next steps in the process of implementing the recommendations.
Webinar moderators will facilitate periods of question-and-answer throughout the meeting.
For meeting registrants not already familiar with SPP, and since the recommendations represent changes to existing SPP functions or governance, we have a number of online resources that explain our services, history, and value. Please take time before the webinar to read and watch the following:
- The SPP.org “About Us” page briefly describes our history and approach to serving our member companies.
- The “Introduction to Southwest Power Pool” brochure is a quick, easy read that introduces our major services and the role we plan in the electric utility industry.
- We celebrated our 75th year of operation in 2016. This video highlights milestones from our 75-year history and testimonials from stakeholders regarding our relationship-based, member-driven business model and the value we provide.
- Among the primary services we offer (in addition to administration of a wholesale electricity market) are reliability coordination and transmission planning. You’ll find videos explaining the value and our approach to both here (reliability coordination) and here (transmission planning).