A message to stakeholders re: SPP's COVID-19 response
Circumstances surrounding the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus continue to evolve. Though SPP remains well-equipped to provide our critical services with the same degree of quality you’ve come to expect, the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus in our area has prompted us to take additional steps to safeguard the health and safety of our staff, stakeholders, and the people with whom we work. Here’s a summary of the most noteworthy actions we have taken thus far:
- Stakeholder meetings scheduled through at least the end of April will be converted to virtual meetings. SPP staff will utilize web and teleconference platforms to facilitate remote meetings. You should be receiving information from working-group staff secretaries and other meeting coordinators with instructions for participation.
- All non-essential visitors are currently prohibited from entering SPP’s corporate campus.
- SPP has implemented a work-from-home policy that strongly encourages all employees who are able to work from home to do so beginning as soon as possible.
- Operations staff have been segregated among our two control centers to prevent possible cross-contamination and are closely monitoring the situation.
- We have begun conducting temperature screenings for anyone entering an SPP facility. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed on campus.
- SPP continues to closely track staffing levels to maintain critical services.
We are striving to minimize the impact to the performance of our essential functions while also safe-guarding against the spread of the COVID-19 virus among our staff and community.
Our incident coordination team, comprising leaders from across our organization and facilitated by emergency management staff, continues to work closely with local, state and federal agencies. The team is meeting daily to assess whether additional safeguards are appropriate. We’ll keep you updated via emails like this and notices in the SPP.org newsroom.
Please rest assured knowing we are doing everything we can to balance the safety and well-being of everyone with our commitment to provide excellent service to our stakeholders and business community.
We wish all of you continued health and safety.