Through the annual Strategic Market Roadmap development process, SPP staff and stakeholders identify, educate, rank and approve new and existing Integrated Marketplace initiatives for development over the next two to five years. The process ensures SPP is fulfilling the greatest needs for market growth and enhancement, considering both economics and reliability.
The roadmap fosters SPP’s value proposition and ensures the SPP Strategic Plan’s foundational strategies are driving market initiatives. This opportunity increases stakeholder ownership in initiatives through deeper levels of transparency and collaboration. SPP and stakeholders gain efficiencies in budgeting, project management, cross-departmental resource planning and teamwork due to proactive planning and alignment of work.
2019-2020 Strategic Market Roadmap Dates
- Process training: Please contact Erin Cathey if you missed training and would like more information.
- Initiative and comment submission window: Dec. 11, 2019, to Jan. 31, 2020
- Initiative education: March 18, 2020 (visit MWG page to register)
- Ranking and prioritization window for MWG members only: April 6-24, 2020
- Ranking and prioritization survey results posting: May 6, 2020
- Ranking and prioritization results review meeting: May 20, 2020 (visit MWG page to register)
- Roadmap approval: July 14, 2020 (MOPC meeting)
Submit completed initiative comment and submission forms to the SPP Request Management System (RMS).
Access the sidebar for process documentation, initiative submission and comment forms, training materials and more. Materials are continually being added.
Please contact Erin Cathey with questions about the Strategic Market Roadmap development process.