Southwest Power Pool is dedicated to advancing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education in our home state of Arkansas. We — along with our member companies and the customers they serve — depend on the expertise of skilled developers, engineers, analysts and other professionals to keep the lights on across our 14-state footprint. To ensure the success of our mission today and in the future, we partner with schools, non-profits and other organizations to create and support a pipeline that engages children in STEM-related subjects from a young age and leads them through school and toward rewarding careers in their native state.
Click the image below to read more about our commitment to STEM education, and visit some of the organizations with whom we partner to help young Arkansans prepare for, find and succeed in STEM-related careers.
- Arkansas Museum of Discovery
- Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences and the Arts
- Arkansas STEM Coalition
- Million Women Mentors
- Thea Foundation
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock's George Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology
- University of Arkansas College of Engineering
- Women's Foundation of Arkansas (Girls of Promise)