Transmission Owner Selection Process: Industry Expert Panel (IEP)
Application & Instructions
To comply with Order 1000, SPP will create a pool of industry experts that will review, rank and score proposal responses for certain transmission projects that are approved or endorsed for construction pursuant to Section III of Attachment Y of the SPP Tariff.
- Industry Expert Pool: A group of industry experts recommended to the SPP BOD by the SPP Oversight Committee.
- Industry Expert Panel: A 3-5 person group of industry experts selected from the Industry Expert Pool by the SPP Oversight Committee who are engaged to review and evaluate proposals submitted in response to the Transmission Owner Selection RFP. Panels will be selected after the SPP BOD approval of Competitive Upgrade projects beginning in January 2015.
Industry Expert Pool candidates shall have documented expertise on file with the Transmission Provider in one or more of the following areas:
- Electric transmission engineering design
- Electric transmission project management and construction
- Electric transmission operations
- Electric transmission rate design and analysis
- Electric transmission finance
Applications for the 2018 Industry Expert Pool will be accepted between June 1-Sept. 1, 2017.
Important Dates for Qualification:
June 1, 2017 – Industry Expert Pool Application Window Begins
Sept. 1, 2017 – Industry Expert Pool Application Window Closes
November 2017 – Notification of Board approval for 2017 IEP Pool